Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Draining Fluid

 
   This must be one of my favorite paintings that iv worked on, and one that is going to stay with me.
In 2004 my shunt was infected and this was the first time that I got to be able to see my shunt outside my body.  I was so excited plus scared at the same time because everyone was telling me that it was going to be the last time that i see anyone.  But it wasn't the first time i heard that so it really didn't sink in witch I'm glad it didn't.  The great thing about the whole event other than it must of been one of the most painful experiences of my life was when they finally got the shunt out of my chest and started to drain the fluid. Out came this nasty orange color, witch being me was my favorite color.  I was so excited it was orange that it was like OMG! That's why I'm so obsessed with orange.  It was just one of those classic moments  in my life.  Know that it's all behind me I just look back at all the crazy stuff i went threw having this surgery and with my Doctors thinking I was crazy because I was telling them that I had worms in side me. It's true I truly thought I had worms thanks to Nation Geographic talking about tap warms, turns out that I was close though, after so many x rays and them finding nothing and thinking i needed medicine for going crazy.  It was just my McCardles acting out against the infection in my shunt.  I love it my body fighting the bug inside me.

No comments: